Apply to join the Diploma in Environmental and Planning Law
The Diploma Centre is inviting late application for its Diploma in Environmental and Planning Law, which started on 5 October. Topics include planning applications, ecocide, the circular economy and environmental enforcement.
This course aims to provide a comprehensive practical overview of the current legislative framework in the environmental and planning realms. The overall objective is to assist practitioners in determining what planning and environmental legislation applies and what the exposure is for clients arising from this.
On completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the overall structure of environmental and planning law in Ireland and the role of the organisations entrusted with overseeing the implementation of same,
- Describe specific areas of environmental law such as waste management law, climate change, and air and noise pollution,
- Explain the planning application procedure, the determination of a planning application and the appeals process, and the impact that environmental law has on planning,
- Illustrate the legislative framework and regulation of planning law in Ireland,
- Analyse litigation in the area in light of recent judicial decisions.
Applications are encouraged from solicitors working in the areas of conveyancing and planning and environmental law, trainee solicitors and students seeking to expand their knowledge in the area of study. It will also appeal to barristers who practice in the area of environmental law, civil servants and those working within a local authority in environmental and planning departments, and other suitably qualified professionals.
For further information visit www.lawsociety.ie/diplomacentre or contact the Diploma Centre team by emailing DiplomaTeam@LawSociety.ie.