New course offers a practical understanding of Construction Dispute Mediation
This new Certificate in Construction Dispute Mediation, beginning on 23 October 2018, is specifically orientated towards parties who would like to learn more about mediation as an effective dispute resolution forum for construction disputes.
This course will focus primarily on the practical preparatory steps required for a successful mediation and will bring participants through a typical mediation process, from when to decide to go to mediation, deciding on the mediator, directions and process meetings with the mediator, steps to be taken before the mediation, and what to do on the mediation day itself to ensure optimum chances of settlement.
The programme is based on the following module scheme and covers key themes as listed below:
· Module 1: When and why go to mediation
· Module 2: Working with the Mediator
· Module 3: Information gathering
· Module 4: Dealing with experts
· Module 5: Dealing with clients
· Module 6: Preparing the Mediation Statement
· Module 7: An overview of the Mediation
The teaching faculty for this diploma comprises a fantastic array of mediators, experts and lawyers who are extremely experienced in construction dispute mediation and who can bring that invaluable practical experience to bear in lectures.
- Gavin Carty, Kent Carty Solicitors
- Rossa Fanning SC, The Law Library
- Fiona Forde BL, The Law Library
- Helen Kilroy, McCann Fitzgerald Solicitors
- Aidan O’Connell, AOCA Engineering Consultants
- James O’Donoghue, Bluett & O’Donoghue Architects
- Kevin Rudden, Garland Consulting Engineers
For further information please visit www.lawsociety.ie/diplomacentre or contact Dr Freda Grealy by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01 6724946