Applications are invited for Masterclass in Garda Station Solicitor Training
The Law Society Finuas Skillnet, in collaboration with Dublin City University (DCU), is hosting a masterclass designed to provide defence solicitors with the necessary skill-set to properly advise clients in Garda custody.
This masterclass provides invaluable advice and best practice guidance for Irish solicitors, based on national, European, and international law and experience, with a particular emphasis on developing the skills required for both client consultations and attending Garda interviews.
The masterclass has been developed by a team of lawyers, forensic psychologists and educationalists in consultation with leading experts in the field of police interviewing and suspects’ rights from across Europe, and it will be delivered by senior criminal defence practitioners who have been trained under the SUPRALAT project.
- Applicants must be practising criminal defence solicitors, who attend Garda stations.
- Applicants must be available to attend the three days of face-to-face training in the Law Society of Ireland, as well as committing to complete approximately eight hours of e-learning prior to 20 September 2019.
- Applicants must send a completed Application Form in soft copy to: email@example.com on or before 25 July at 5.00pm. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Dates (all dates to be attended) – Law Society of Ireland, Dublin (9:30am to 5.30pm)
- Friday 20 September 2019
- Saturday 21 September 2019
- Saturday 19 October 2019
- Dr Yvonne Daly, Associate Professor (DCU),
- Robert Purcell, Partner at M.E. Hanahoe Solicitors,
- Shalom Binchy, Shalom Binchy & Co. Solicitors
Apply for this Masterclass
Visit the Law Society website for more details and to apply
Tel: 01 881 5727