Join us at the Law Society on 20 June for a CPD event covering GDPR (a Practice Compliance Checklist and Subject Access Requests) and the latest on LLPs and LPs.
Also included in the fee is a 3.5 hours Regulatory Matters eLearning course on How to get your Law Firm GDPR Ready.
GDPR in Action – Practice Compliance Checklist
On the one year anniversary of the implementation of GDPR, are you sure that your firm is GDPR compliant?
- Do your section 68 letters include all necessary details? Do you know how long you should keep a file?
- Have you signed third party data processing agreements or controller to controller agreements where necessary?
- Are your GDPR polices and privacy statement fit for purpose?
GDPR – Subject Access Requests
Since the implementation of the GDPR, and the public’s increased awareness of rights to information, the number of Subject Access Requests being received by law firms and their clients is on the increase. This practical seminar aims to give guidance to practitioners in order to assist them in dealing with Subject Access Requests.
New Business Models for Solicitors
The Legal Services Regulation Act 2015 (Legal Partnerships) (Section 116) Regulations 2019 and Legal Services Act 2015 (Limited Liability Partnerships) (Section 130) Regulations 2019 are due to be enacted. These regulations will radically change the business models available to solicitors in the determination of practice structure. They will also introduce new provisions relating to establishment, operation, management, liability, regulation and compliance for all those who choose to deliver legal services under the new regime. This seminar will also provide a step-by-step guide in relation to how to establish, register, operate and function within the new regulations.
- Date: 20 June 2019
- Venue: Education Centre, Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place, Dublin 7
- Fee: €150
- CPD Hours: 3.5 Regulatory Matters (by Group study) PLUS 3.5 Regulatory Matters (by eLearning)
- Book online: visit the website
- Book by post: booking form
- Full programme: download the brochure
- Dr. Aoibhlinn O’Toole, Consultant Gastroenterologist, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin
- Paul Keane, Partner, Reddy Charlton Solicitors, Dublin
- Paul Lavery, Partner, McCann FitzGerald Solicitors, Dublin
- Simon Treanor, Legal Services Regulation Executive, Law Society of Ireland
If you have a query email Finuasskillnet@lawsociety.ie or phone 01 881 5727
For a good cause
All proceeds from this event will be donated to Cycle4CrohnsColitis, an initiative by Attracta O’Regan, supported by Beaumont Hospital Foundation and Law Society Finuas Skillnet. The goal is to fundraise for a doctor to provide exclusive ongoing patient care supports and research for people with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis in Ireland. If you cannot attend this CPD event and would like to make a donation to support the Cycle4CrohnsColitis fundraiser, please access the secure fundraising page.
Need assistance? Contact us on
Tel: 01 881 5727