A half day webinar to include: probate, litigation, easements updates, the O’Malley Report, negative interest rate charges, solicitors' accounts and preparing for a virtual Law Society inspection. Speakers include: Noeline Blackwell, Anne Stephenson and Stuart Gilhooly.
This is organised in partnership with Donegal Bar Association and Inishowen Bar Association but is open to all practitioners.
Date Thursday 17 June 2021
Time 10.00am to 1.30pm
Venue Online webinar with live Q&A
CPD Hours 2.5 General
1 Regulatory Matters (Accounting & AML Compliance)
Total 3.5 hours (by eLearning)
Topics and speakers include
- Probate 2021 - Anne Stephenson, Principal Stephenson Burns Solicitors, Dublin
- Completion of the New Probate Office forms and fees
- Completion of the Revenue SA2 form
- Changes in practice
- Conveyancing and Land – speaker tbc
- Prescriptive Easements and Voluntary Transfers – the deadline to registration is looming.
Important new developments for all solicitors who act for victims of sexual crime in criminal, family and child law and litigation cases - Noeline Blackwell, Chief Executive Officer. Dublin Rape Crisis Centre
- The O’Malley Report recommendations and the future implications.
- Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations - Richard Hammond S.C. Partner Hammond Good Solicitors, Mallow, Co Cork and member of Negative Interest Rate Charges Task Force
- Negative Interest Rate Charges – the implications for day-to-day practice and Solicitors Accounts Regulations compliance
- Solicitors’ Accounts Regulations - Fiona Stanley, Investigating Accountant, Law Society of Ireland
- Preparing for a Law Society investigation in the virtual world
- Personal Injury Litigation - Stuart Gilhooly, Partner H J Ward Solicitors, Dublin and consultant on Litigation Committee
- Litigation and remote hearings- practice and procedure update.
- Personal injury award changes.
- Litigation watching brief for future developments.
There will be more Clusters in the autumn.
To book find out more about the webinar and to book your place at this Cluster, please click North West General Practice, or contact a member of the Finuas Skillnet Team for more information.
Email: Finuas Skillnet@lawsociety.ie
Tel: 01 881 5727