The annual Dublin Symposium: 2 Management & Professional Development and 2 Regulatory Matters (including 2 accounting and AML compliance) CPD hours. Topics - Cyber Security: A case study of a practitioner victim to a cyber fraud attack and An Garda Síochána perspective and guidance; Anti-Money Laundering Update 2020; S.150 – One Year On.
Law Society Finuas Skillnet in association with Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association
Topics and Issues to be covered
• Cyber Security
A case study of a practitioner victim to a cyber fraud attack
Cyber crime in Ireland – An Garda Síochána Perspective and Guidance
• Anti-Money Laundering Update 2020
The growth of AML
Dispelling the AML myths: insights and learnings from solicitor enquiries to the AML Helpline
AML during the Covid-19 Crisis - Guidance
Navigating AML and AML Resources
• S.150 – One Year On – where are we now and where are we going?
Chairpersons and Speakers include
• John Elliot, Director of Regulation, Law Society of Ireland
• Paul Keane, Member Council of Law Society of Ireland, Chair Law Society Legal Services Regulation Act Task Force, Partner Reddy Charlton Solicitors, Dublin
• Detective Chief Superintendent Patrick Lordan, Garda National Economic Crime Bureau Financial Intelligence Unit
• Ann O’Neill, Principal Ann O’Neill Family Law, Dublin
• Keith Walsh, Member Law Society Legal Services Regulation Act Task Force, Principal Keith Walsh Solicitors Dublin
• Emma-Jane Williams, Secretary to AML Task Force, Law Society of Ireland
The aim and objective of this symposium is to provide an opportunity for practitioners to update their knowledge in areas of practice management and regulation. Topics will be covered which are of relevance to those in general practice, in-house and in specialised firms. The webinar will include live Q&A sessions.
For more information and to make a booking
For assistance, contact us on:
Tel: 01 881 5727.