The Diploma Centre has opened this new academic year with a range of courses that include both regular core fields of interest for solicitors as well as innovative programmes that reflect specialist areas of practice. Applications are now open!
We are delighted to offer a total of 19 courses, including five certificates and 14 diplomas, in addition to our LLM in Advanced Legal Practice, LLM in Employment Law in Practice and our Professional Doctorate in Law programme.
Courses on offer this autumn include the:
• Diploma in Education Law
• Diploma in Technology and IP Law
• Diploma in Insolvency Law and Corporate Restructuring
• Certificate in Agribusiness and Food Law
• LLM Advanced Legal Practice
• Certificate in Immigration Law and Practice
All lectures are webcast making them ideal for the busy professional and those based around the country. Interactive workshops are an additional feature of all courses.
To comply with future social distancing requirements, our autumn 2020 courses may, if necessary, commence online initially and then move onsite pursuant to Covid-19 public health advice.
Additionally, arising from the current Covid-19 crisis, the Law Society’s Diploma Centre has launched a suite of initiatives to support solicitors and their practices in their continued professional development.
As part of these initiatives, the Diploma Centre has introduced discounts on its 2020 certificate and diploma courses to assist Law Society members at this time.
• Any unemployed solicitor (including retired solicitors) may now avail of a 35% discount on course fees.
• Solicitors who are working short-time/reduced hours may avail of a 25% discount.