2 Regulatory CPD Hours - the number of Subject Access Requests being received by law firms is on the increase. Requests for data can come from clients, employees, and other third parties. Paul Lavery comes back to Cork to give practical guidance.
Law Firms need to deal with these access requests efficiently and lawfully with minimum disruption to the work of the practice. Law Firms also need to be in a position to advise their clients on how best to handle access requests.
This is a practical session, which aims to give guidance to practitioners in order to assist them in dealing with Subject Access Requests under the GDPR. The speaker is a leading expert in this field and will share his knowledge and expertise with delegates.
The session will include details and practical guidance on:
- Legislative provisions under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 which are relevant to access requests;
- Formalities for dealing with a request;
- Time frames;
- Parameters of access request – “personal data” relating to the requester?
- When is an access request “manifestly unfounded or excessive”?
- How do access requests impact on the solicitor’s lien?
- Format of response letter;
- Form of access;
- Rights of appeal/complaint;
- Summary checklist and procedure;
- Data Protection Commission guidance.
The speaker, Paul Lavery, Partner, McCann FitzGerald Solicitors, Dublin is a leading expert in this field and returns to Cork to share his knowledge and expertise with delegates.
- Date: Tuesday 26 March 2019
- Time: 11.00am to 1.00pm (registration from 10.30am)
- Venue: Kingsley Hotel, Victoria Cross, Cork
- CPD Hours: 2 Regulatory Matters (by Group Study)
- Fee: €100
Make a Booking
Visit the Law Society website for more details and to book online
Alternatively, to register your place by post, download a booking form
Tel: 01 881 5727
* Applicable to Law Society Finuas Skillnet members