Mr Justice Paul Gilligan to Chair Mediation in the Civil Justice System, 28 March 2019
Join us for this afternoon conference hosted by the ADR Committee, CEDR and GEMME in collaboration with Law Society Professional Training.
The seminar will be of interest to litigators and those with an interest in alternative dispute resolution. It will look at how the Act has integrated the mediation process into the civil justice system, and whether the legislation marks a step change in litigation practice. An interactive panel discussion will facilitate Members’ questions on the operation of the Act and issues arising in practice. Key note speakers from CEDR and from the in-house and public sectors will share their experiences on the use of mediation and consider whether the availability of good mediation practice is an important factor for those planning to locate and invest here. In addition, representatives from CEDR will share the results of the latest edition of its Mediation Audit. The seminar will also consider the possible impact of Brexit on mediation and ADR practice.
Date: Thursday 28 March 2019
Time: 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Venue: Green Hall Lecture Theatre, Law Society of Ireland, Dublin 7
Discounted Fee*: €150 - * Applicable to Finuas Skillnet members
CPD Hours: 2.5 General (by Group Study)
Topics to be covered include
- Mediation Act 2017 – focus on the integration of the mediation process into the civil justice system
- Impact of the Mediation Act 2017 on dispute resolution practice
- Pre-litigation mediation – practitioners experiences
- Results of CEDR Mediation Audit.
Mr Justice Paul Gilligan will chair the event
- Mr Justice Peter Kelly, President of the High Court
- Helen Kilroy, Partner, McCann FitzGerald, Dublin
- Andy Rogers, Director of Communications, CEDR, London
- Diana Wallis, Senior Fellow, School of Law & Politics, University of Hull
Make a booking
To book by post download the Booking Form
For full programme details download the Brochure
Need assistance? Contact us on:
Tel: 01 881 5727