The Older Client: The Role of the Solicitor in Resolving Disputes
The seminar is designed in partnership with Solicitors for the Elderly Ireland. The focus of this seminar will be on the role of solicitors in resolving disputes involving the older client.
A panel of expert speakers including Senior Counsel Teresa Blake and Dr Amanda Phelan from the National Centre for the Protection of Older People, UCD will be available to deal with questions.
Date: 8 May 2019
Venue: Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place, Dublin 7
Discounted Fee: €160* (Finuas Skillnet Members)
CPD Hours: 3 General (by Group Study)
Topics and Issues to be covered
- Rights of grandparents to access and guardianship: an update
- Funeral arrangements and feuding families: who has the legal right to decide?
- Safeguarding older clients: financial abuse
- Section 117 Succession Act 1965: lessons for legal practitioners from K v K
Chairperson and Speakers include:
- Padraic Courtney, Chairperson of the Solicitors for the Elderly, Law Society of Ireland
- Speakers Teresa Blake, SC
- Dr Heather Conway, School of Law, Queen’s University
- Dr Amanda Phelan, National Centre for the Protection of Older People, UCD
- Other speakers TBC
Make a booking
For the full list of CPD seminars, masterclasses, and online programmes please contact a member of the Law Society Professional Training team or visit the CPD courses page