The return of this popular masterclass; a practical course presented by leading experts, to introduce, update and develop practitioners’ knowledge in the area of Construction Law. Access the presentations online, on-demand and learn at your own pace.
This course is relevant to solicitors, barristers and those employed in the construction industry. It is also of particular relevance to unemployed solicitors or those who wish to return to practice after a period of absence.
The Speakers are: Martin Cooney, Partner, Byrne Wallace Solicitors, Dublin and Mary Liz Mahony, Counsel, Dentons Ireland.
Construction law is an area of legal practice that is experiencing increased growth in the current environment. This legal service demand is anticipated to increase over the coming months.
Topics and issues covered in the masterclass
- Introduction to the law of obligations - Part 1: Contract law overview
- Introduction to the law of obligations - Part 2: Tort law overview
- Typical construction project procurement / standard form contracts
- Overview of the RIAI Building Agreement
- Statutory Requirements: Duties and Obligations
- Development Finance & Project Security
- Dispute Resolution: Mediation/ Conciliation & Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: The Construction Contracts Act 2013 and Adjudication
- Expert evidence & procedure
To book your place or find out more click on Construction Law: The Fundamentals
For assistance, contact us on:
Tel: 01 881 5727.